<-- back to Restoration home

The building owner was going to pay someone
$10,000 to have this entry rebuilt due to rot.

I over-ruled that.  I did restoration carpentry
on both sides for just a few hundred dollars.

See next five pictures:

After stripping and priming the entry
structure, I cut away the rotten portions:

Here is the exterior of one side 
after rebuilding:

Here is the interior of one side 
after rebuilding.  Staining and 
varnishing happened next of course:

Stripping the columns and entry structure:

Painting my way down:

Hard to believe I get paid for this:

<-- back to Restoration home